Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- 1 small chicken breast
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 large cob of corn
- 50 gms dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 knob ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 leaves Kaffir Lime finely sliced
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Season chicken with sesame oil, five spice and lemon pepper.
- Steam the corn and chicken at the same time in the oven 100C full steam (or steam on top of stove)
- Place chicken in solid dish Use the meat probe if available set to 75c – otherwise steam for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Soak noodles in boiling water until soft and then rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat chicken stock with ginger and kaffir lime leaves.
- When chicken is cooked, remove it and the corn from the oven. Pour residual juices into the stock.
- Remove corn from cob with a sharp knife and dice chicken.
- Place half the corn in a food processor with a few tablespoons ofthe stock and process to a rough paste. Add to stock
- Into 4 medium bowls place noodles, chicken meat and the rest of the corn. Pour over stock and top with spring onions for garnish.
- Thanks to Lauren Bavin, cooking tutor at Steamed Kitchen.com and one of our guests, for this recipe. Find her at https://www.steamovenkitchen.com/recipe/steamed-chicken-and-sweetcorn-soup
Recipe can be doubled for larger groups. Steam on top of stove if no steam oven available.