Steamed Ginger Soy Fish
- 2 fillets firm white fish
- 1 large knob ginger sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup golden soy sauce
- 2 tblsp mirin
- 2 spring onions white chopped (reserve green for decoration)
- 1/2 chilli sliced
- Handful coriander leaves chopped – reserve a few for decoration)
- Place 3/4 of the ginger, 1/2 the chilli, chopped coriander and chopped spring onion in the base of a flat bottomed dish deep enough to take all of the ingredients.
- Pour over the soy sauce and mirin
- Sprinkle remaining ginger and chilli on top of fish
- Steam 7 – 10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
- Decorate with remaining spring onion and coriander.
Thanks to Lauren Bavin, cooking tutor at steamedkitchen.com, for this dish. Lauren was one of our guests, and she used monkfish for our Chinese New Year Potluck Dinner. Once again, steam on top of the stove if you do not have a steam oven. And adjust quantities for your guest list.